Episode #1 - Dena Dellere
Dena’s certifications include Google Administrator, Google Educator Level I and II, and Google for Education Certified Trainer, Screencastify Certified, Wakelet Ambassador.
Dena and her husband reside in rural Selden, KS where we farm and ranch. They have two adult daughters that have pursued careers in nursing and accounting and our adult son helps on the farm. Dena’s absolute joys in the world are her granddaughter and two grandsons.
- “Explore” for images in Google Slides,
- Creating Master Slides for first graders using their sight words.
- 6th Grade Social Studies - adding images for vocab/new terms
- “Explore” for citations in Google Docs,
- and then having discussions with students on copyright. Check out Tip 5.
- Utilize the Question in Google Classroom to test knowledge.
- Next having students give feedback to students utilizing the “Comment” section of the Google Apps.
- This or That to review new information and students use the comment if they agree or disagree and WHY.
- Post/Comment in Google Classroom in Stream, Assignment, etc.
- Empower students to be engaged - WHY NOT Post in Stream - Have a designated Announcer and rotate.
- Assignment category - ask three then me - Q&A
- Set the expectations like utilizing the Oreo Cookie Method and coach those not using appropriately.
- Be Internet Awesome/PearDeck can help students learn about being informed, balanced, and alert.
- Social Media Templates for students under 13 to tie curriculum content to social media platforms that students are already familiar with.
- Instagram for Science Module on hatching eggs.
- Chrome Tab Groups -
- Right-click a tab > Add Tab to a New Group > Name Group & choose Color Code
- Close a group
- Adjust Chrome Settings for After Startup to resume where you left off